Apply by Phone
Claims may be filed 24 hours a day, seven days a week at www.njuifile.net. It's quick, easy and secure.
If you are unable to access our online application, you may file a new claim or reopen an existing claim by calling a Reemployment Call Center. The Reemployment Call Centers are open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Your claim will be dated the Sunday of the week in which you call so make sure you call during the week you want your claim to begin. Our week runs Sunday to Saturday.
|Reemployment Call Center||Phone Number|
|Union City||(201) 601-4100|
|Out-of-State||(888) 795-6672 (toll-free)|
|New Jersey Relay||7-1-1|
IMPORTANT: These phone numbers are all routed to our Reemployment Call Centers where they are handled by the next available agent. The local phone numbers are provided as a courtesy to our customers who incur additional charges for long-distance calls. If you are waiting to speak with an agent, you will not move ahead in line by calling one of the other phone numbers. If you hang up and call a different number, you will forfeit your place and will be moved to the end of the line.
Before you call a Reemployment Call Center, you can help speed the claims filing process by having the following information available:
- Your Social Security Number.
- Your alien registration number (if you are not a citizen).
- Pension information (if you are receiving any pension or 401k).
- Amount and duration of any separation pay you may be receiving.
- Recall date (if you expect to be recalled to your job).
- Union hiring hall information, including local number and address (if you get your work through a union).
- Military DD-214, Member 4 Copy (if you were in the military in the past 18 months).
- Form SF-8 or SF-50 (if you were a federal civilian employee).
- For each employer that you worked for in the past 18 months, be prepared to tell us:
> Complete name and address of employer.
> Employer phone number.
> Your occupation with that employer.
> Beginning and ending dates of employment.
> Reason for separation.
- Also, be ready to choose a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN), and tell us whether you want 10% federal income tax withheld from your benefits and whether you want to claim dependency benefits.