Telephone Inquiries - State Plan
Important - Please allow fourteen (14) days processing time before inquiring about your claim.
Before you call:
- Have a pen, paper and any forms or checks in question near the telephone.
- Be ready to give your Social Security number.
- Be aware that specific information regarding your claim can only be given to you or the authorized representative that you indicated on the application.
When you call:
- Listen carefully. After you have heard all the choices, you can select an option by pressing the number indicated for that choice.
By calling our Customer Service Information Center you can learn:
- General information about the Temporary Disability Insurance Program.
- The date your claim was received.
- Your weekly benefit rate and maximum benefit amount.
- The date and amount of your latest cpayment.
- The date your most recent P30 Form (Request to Claimant for Continued Claim Information) was received.
- Your total benefits paid to date and the current balance on your claim.
General information is available in English and Spanish 24 hours a day and claim specific information is available from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday through our automated telephone system.
If you cannot obtain the information you require from the automated telephone system, our claims information agents are available to assist you from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for holidays. Just choose the option of speaking with an agent while using the automated telephone system.
Wait times are shorter and our agents are least busy between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. daily. You may also reduce your wait time by calling on Thursdays and Fridays.
Other Important Numbers
Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD)
NJ Relay Service for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or