Limitation of Benefits - Disability During Unemployment
No benefits are payable under the Disability During Unemployment program to any person:
- For any period that consists of less then seven consecutive days.
- For any period during which you would be disqualified under the Unemployment Compensation Law for voluntarily quitting your job, termination due to misconduct or gross misconduct; refusal of suitable work; or fraud.
- For any period during which you perform any work for remuneration or profit.
- For any period during which you would be disqualified under the Unemployment Compensation Law for participation in a labor dispute, unless the disability commenced prior to such labor dispute.
- For any period of disability due to willfully and intentionally self-inflicted injury, or injury sustained in the perpetration by the claimant of a criminal act under the New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice.
- For any period you are not under medical care. You must be under the care of a legally licensed physician, dentist, podiatrist, chiropractor, optometrist, psychologist, certified nurse midwife, or advanced practice nurse.