FEDERAL LOAN INTEREST (FLINT) ASSESSMENT
As required by N.J.S.A. 43:21-14.3, The Department must assess all employers for the interest due. Each employer’s assessment amount is determined by multiplying the employer’s unemployment contributions, paid and payable, for the preceding calendar year (2012) by the ratio of 0.73%, which is calculated in accordance with N.J.S.A. 43:21-14.3. As long as a business was active during some portion of 2012, the minimum assessment is $5.00
The calculation of the Federal Loan Interest Assessment for 2013 is shown on the notice. The payment of the assessment is due 30 days from the mailing date on the notice. Payments received after the due date will be assessed interest at the prevailing rate from the due date to the date the payment is remitted.
During his opening statement before the New Jersey Assembly Budget Hearing Committee on April 14, 2014, Commissioner Wirth announced "...New Jersey employers will be spared a Federal Loan Interest Assessment this year and in the coming years..."
- Check or money order payable to: NJDOLWD
- Credit Card
E-check and credit card payments can be submitted through the Division of Revenue's "On-line Filing Service" web page at:
- Enter your logon credentials and select “Submit,”
- Select the "Pay Labor Bill" radio button from the "Employer Quarterly Reporting Service Processing Center" screen,
- Select 3rd Qtr from the quarter drop down box,
- Enter 2012 for the year and select the “Submit” button,
- From the "Employer Quarterly Reporting Service Payment Process" screen,
- Select "Federal Interest Loan Assessment" from the 'Type of Labor Bill' drop down box,
- Choose your payment method: e-check or credit card,
- Enter the amount being paid and select “Submit,”
- Complete the payment process by entering the data for all required fields for the remaining screens and
- For your records, print and save your payment confirmation number.
If you choose to pay the FLINT assessment by check or money order, transcribe your EIN on the check and return it together with the remittance coupon in the return envelope provided. This will ensure your payment is properly credited to your account.